Reply To: IVIG Questions?????

August 11, 2008 at 1:34 pm

Hi Cathy,
Sorry you are feeling so bad. Falling and tripping used to scare Kevie because he would be embarrases at school wondering how he was going to get up. Anyway, just a thought, maybe you could ask the doc to make the treatments closer together. Are you getting loading doses or maint. doses. Some people on the site get loading doses plus pred. or solumed. or cell cept weekly. You just have to tweak your schedule according to your needs. The most important thing to remember is that you cannot let it come to FEELING symptoms. The fact that you are already tripping at the 3rd week indicates that the process has already started before week 2. You have to catch things before they start and they start even before you can feel them. Have you discussed the weakness prior to the 3 week mark w/ your doc? Being that he has you every three weeks currently, it seems he is a pretty conservative guy off the bat most docs do the 4-6 week schedule first. Maybe he would be receptive to closer treatments at loading doses.
About the pp, we have no experience, only what I have read here. It is more intensive than ivig and cannot be done at home. Maybe you could try a pp and then follow it up immediateley w/ivig. Once the blood is cleansed w/ as many autoantibodies as possible with the pp, you could have a running start to get the ivig to work? Who knows, maybe you could ask, just a thought that popped into my head???!!!! I hope you feel better soon and figure out a paln that works for you.
Dawn Kevies mom