Reply To: New Member

Anonymous
June 27, 2008 at 9:28 pm

[COLOR=black]Hello Tobias,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]First, let me say that I am sorry your wife is suffering so.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I have CIDP. With aggressive treatment, I am able to live a normal-ish life. I work more than full time, continue to volunteer at my church, and do most everything I really want to do. No, I can’t climb Mt. Everest, but then, I couldn’t before CIDP. Most people with CIDP do reasonably well, although I will not kid you that your lives have not changed.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]There is a school of thought that one way to diagnose CIDP is to treat the symptoms as if they were CIDP. If things improve, then CIDP is likely. Following that thought, encourage your current doctor to prescribe IVIg. While not without risk, at this point your wife has little to lose and much to gain. You really cannot wait for months to see another doctor before starting treatment: some sort of treatment must be started soon.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I can tell you that seeing myself deteriorate is devastating. However, even a little improvement can lift my spirits like nothing else. This is yet another reason to get your wife treatment now.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Godspeed in getting treatment sooner rather than later.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]MarkEns[/COLOR]