Reply To: New to site

June 12, 2008 at 11:40 am

Hi & welcome.

My daughter has CIDP, dx’d at 4 (6 now) & was exposed to mold in our apartment for years before we knew it was there. I’ve done quite a bit of research on this subject.

Was the mold ever tested? Some molds are black in color but aren’t the “black mold” that’s all over the news. We had our apartment tested & it had cladasporium & aspergillus. Both are considered to be allergenic molds. Both had a black color to them.

I read a study that said that mold exposure can cause demyelination.

My theory is that the exposure to an allergen sends your immune system into overdrive, making it go haywire & then it starts to attack the nerves.