Reply To: 2008 – Nascar

Anonymous
May 24, 2008 at 8:56 pm

Jethro,

It just goes to show…. When you got skill, you got skill. I just got killed. Oh well. a goose-egg, nada, zip, negatorey, absolutely nothin’.

I guess that means you win.

OK, I took a nap, and am mentally ready to pick for Charlotte….

1. Kasey Kahne 9
2. Kyle Busch 18
3. Jimmie Johnson 48
4. Jeff Gordon 24
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 88
6. Greg Biffle 16
7. Ryan Newman 12
8. Kevin Harvick 29
9. Jeff Burton 31
10. Tony Stewart 20
11. Denny Hamlin 11
12. Clint Bowyer 07
13. David Ragan 6
14. Matt Kenseth 17
15.Kurt BUsch 2

I am hoping for a really exciting race.

On other notes, in no particular order.

1. Bruton Smith Buys Kentucky racetrack…… After all the lawsuits and hassle over the fgacility and it being blackballed by France family and Bruton Smith and not getting a Big Race (Sprint Cup series). What kind of a farce would it be if, now that Bruton Smith OWNS the track, it gets a date ???

2. I really wish the races would gewt back to a Sunday afternoon affair. It is OK to have a race or two end up later in the day, but all of these midnight finishes are no good for the sport. I mean, I went to bed and didn’t see the finish of the last couple. If they want a later finish time, let it be when they are on the West Coast. That wold be a later finish for the East Coast.

3. OPen up the restrictor plates a little for Daytona and Talladega. It would be nice to see a race, rather than white knuckles at 190 MPH. If there were a little less restriction, maybe the cars could get some separation from each other. I am not advocating more danger. I don’t know, the more I look at this, the less sense it makes, but something DOES need to be done at Daytona and Talladega.

4. If you win a race, you should get WAY more points than you do now. Maybe take first, second, and third, and give them 50, 25 and 15 bonus points each. That would put a huge premium for finishing in the top 3, and give racers an opportunity to get back into the “Chase” quicker, if they fall behind early on. Also give them like 10 points or something for winning the pole position in qualifying. Make qualifying mean something more than a pit stall position. I also like the idea that positions in the back of the field get a set number of points. That would get some of the heavily damaged cars off of the track instead of getting in the way, just to make up points.

Oh well, just a time to express my opinion.