Reply To: Prayers Needed

Anonymous
March 28, 2008 at 12:13 am

Well today was a Good day and a not so good day for Dad. The Good news is He is off the vent, the not so good news is he went from the present, talking with my 3 cousins and myself to talking about running through the patch at a school playing with some friends to being in the navy in Oregon. He was fine until he had severe shoulder pain and then regressed to living in his childhood. Very confused and disoriented to time, place, people, objects, color and history. I’m soo glad I was there and not my Mom when he went trippin’–it was bad and would have just broke her heart again. As it is he has alot of deficits in his memory, thought processes etc. I never thought I would say this, but, without my own experiences with icu, all of this Families’ individual stories about their own experiences and thoughts regarding mind/memory issues and halucinations, and fears, I am grateful to have gone through it and I fully understand what my Dad is facing. Now to try to explain it to my other Family and Mom. Dad is having a problem with his blood count, it continues to drop even with an infusion plus another today. He also has some rib problems from getting cpr-I know how he feels there. I just Hate that my Dad has to go through this much pain and health problems! I wish He could just open his eyes and be back to his old self!

I hope the feeling that I have in my heart right now is a false alarm, I have a feeling that I need to go back to the hospital to check on him….. I’m outta here-gotta listen to my body!