Reply To: Recently Diagnosed

May 29, 2007 at 11:57 pm

What about having the ivig closer together in addition to iv steroids? Some people mention better results with iv steroids. Some people have ivig every 7-10 days, have you tried plasma pheresis? Since I am still learning as well, can you explain the significance of the dextrose flush? I know that dextrose is sugar, and I KNOW that I have read sugar adds to the inflamation of nerves, it acts as a transporter. I know it seems like a simple concept, but perhaps the dextrose inhibits the usefuleness of the ivig? Have you gotton a FULL loading dose? 2g/kg? I have even read an article that says you can go as high as 3g/kg in younger people. I think I remember that you are 19, perhaps that would fall under the criteria of young? Also, I forgot, what steroid are you taking, there is much mention of methtrexate in conjunction w/ ivig as of late on the forum. I hope you can find the help you are looking for! Don’t give up and stay strong! People on the forum will help you with their questions! Dawn 😮