Reply To: Daily Delights.

Anonymous
September 10, 2006 at 1:35 pm

[COLOR=”Purple”]Yesterday went beyond a daily delight. I have severe social anxiety and had known for 2 weeks that I was going to my home town for an uncles 84th birthday party. I so didn’t want to go but my cousin Jane wanted to see me and we have always been like sisters so I said I would. I knew there would be about 40 relatives I hadn’t seen in about 15-20 years. God, I was nervous. But I took my medications and set off with my husband for a physically uncomfortable hour and a half ride. As soon as I walked in, My 1st cousins, Janes 3 brothers, all came over and hugged me, talking like we hadn’t been apart all those years. They wanted to know about the CIDP, and were very attentive to my needs. We all now have gray hair and I got the biggest kick out of that. Their kids were all now grown up and had kids of their own. It was fascinating! One of my 2nd cousins who is now 40 had gbs 10 years ago and has several problems still. We had a great talk. Hadn’t seen her since she was 10. Anyway, It just feels great to think I conquered the fear, had a great time, and feel like I have a family again. I know it won’t be 20 years again before I see them. Life is too short!…………Vicki[/COLOR]