Reply To: The American dream…

Anonymous
October 27, 2009 at 11:19 pm

Dear Irene,
I understand your situation and definitely understand the part about rest. You need to go to your department of Human Services office..not sure what it is called there. Possibly they can help you with job placement or job training or if necessary applying for disability.

As far as living in a place you hate. If you want to stay married then try to find things there that you enjoy. If it is a retirment community then see what kind of social activities there are available. I’m sure it is difficult for you to seek out friends but you shouldn’t feel uncomfortable. You are a person and you have something to offer. Maybe there is a church in your area that could use help, start out by volunteering and when others see that you are motivated maybe they will be able to suggest something for you.

Try to keep a positive attitude and do something different every day. Even if it is just speaking a kind word to a stranger.

Check with the foundation to find out who the liaison is in your area. I’m not at home right now or I would look it up for you. Hopefully there is a support group there that you can join.

Take care and keep us posted.