melissa1975

Anonymous
January 9, 2011 at 8:01 am

Cold is much worse for me all around! When I’m in Florida or in the summer, I feel A LOT better!:p

melissa1975

Anonymous
January 9, 2011 at 7:55 am

Hi sweetie, sorry to hear about your brother! This is my 1st post since having GBS in 2002-2003. It sounds as tho his is very similar to what I experienced. I am now 35. Exercise is VERY important! When I don’t, I seem to go down and stay down! The trick is to not “push it” with anything! Some days more, some less, as long as he stays somewhat active will be to his benefit. Also stretching and working on flexibilty will help. I rarely ever have a good night of sleep, so I make sure I get “some” downtime. I could work after 1 year. Have worked since, but have had many “episodes” where it took everything I had to work. Several doctors/neurologists in my area have little info. (Maybe don’t believe us!) I’m always back to where I started! In the past year, especially the past month, I know I’m going thru the worst “flare-up ever!” Cant hardly walk, arms/legs numb, tingling pain and alot more! I’ve had tons of tests again that don’t show a thing! Finally found a nurse practitioner that believes me. Stand up for your brother to doctors, etc…we are liable to push to get things accomplished most of the time! (They don’t understand) I’m also allergic to all pain meds except Ibuprofen, which I only take ever so often. The right anti-depressant can help greatly! I don’t know if it’s just neurological or if it makes us sad from pain or not being able to do what we used to. I was EXTREMELY active! (Ballet, dance, Tae Kwon Do, waterskiing, and much more.) I can’t do any now, but I have breath, family and friends that remind me of what life is about! Love to you and your family!!!!