April 22, 2008 at 6:36 pm

Thanks for your thoughts and advice. Concerning whether Carolyn has GBS or CIDP – the neurologist in the hospital is still not sure! That is one reason Carolyn and Brendan have opted for a different N. After treatment of IVIG and PP she seemed to be reponding but then went much further down. Two months later she was DX’d as malnourished. To this day I don’t know how that could have happened after all of us stating to anyone who would listen that she was not eating.

Now, was it the malnourishment that put a damper on her healing or is it CIDP? She was given at least 3 to 4 emg tests and they still don’t know. After reading your comments I think we have to wait to have a new evaluation by the new neurologist before any decision is made. The old neurologist recommends 3 more IVIG treatments, once a month for 5 days at a time.