Hello Cheryl.

February 7, 2008 at 3:53 am

Sorry to butt in like this but when I read you give your 11 1/2 year old puppy cocoa (chocolate) I was shocked. Please don’t. Read this excerpt from a concerned site;

“Different types of chocolate contain different amounts of theobromine: It would take 20 ounces of milk chocolate to kill a 20-pound dog, but only 2 ounces of baker’s chocolate or 6 ounces of semisweet chocolate. It is not that hard for a dog to get into something like an Easter basket full of chocolate eggs and bunnies and gobble up a pound or two of chocolate. If the dog is small, that could be deadly.”

This is fact, not fiction. I have a Shi-Tzu I love very much. No chcocolate for him. Just felt I had to inform. Take care.