Don’t let them move her…

January 6, 2008 at 9:58 am

She is in ICU because of the vent and feeding tube. Yet hospital board says she must go to another facility. What do we do? At present we are trying to find and visit facilities in St Louis area that can take care of her until recovery is far enough along for her to come home and have out-patient therapy(s).

Can we stop them from moving her? How long do we wait until she is movable (ie: when is she going to be ready to move)? What signs do we wait for? I have never heard of this affliction before and have no idea what to do or say about her treatment except what I am discovering as we go along.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.