Center of Excellence & Dragon Naturally Speaking

June 6, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Great news that are you trying to go, or will go to a Center of Excellence.

Also, in my opinion, great news that you got dyslexic (a joke, OK?) and turn 57 into 75. Personally, I would probably disregard a reading of 57 were it my own reading.

Reason? Well, it’s borderline, but more importantly, I read some other opinions (some doctors) that immune mediated conditions might cause this to change rather than the change cause the condition.

As for your Question about Dragon Naturally speaking- I do know that others have said they use it. I was given the software package as a gift. The box listed the requirements as a certain CPU (Central Processing Unit) speed. My PC said it met this requirement.

That’s the easy part, every PC lists that. Here’s the tough part and the reason the software would not work on my machine, and which, by the way, I could not find out until after I opened the box and installed the package. Big deal? Yes. After you open the box you are not allowed to return it….

The kicker is “(IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)”

Good luck finding that anywhere on your PC!! How can you find it out? Simple. Call Dragon and ask them how to find it before you buy the software.

Personally I’d rather hunt and peck with my fingers. (Even with one finger) forever than stop using my fingers to substitute my voice. Use ’em or lose ’em.

Re: the PT. You live in or near a major metropolis. Try to find a P/T with a Neurologic Specialist Certification. Why? According to the American Physical Therapy Association, A Neurologic Certified Specialist (NCS) is a licensed physical therapist who has:

1) completed over 2000 hours of neurologic clinical practice while working with individuals who have neurologic dysfunction.

2) demonstrated competency in the following areas: Patient Care (examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, intervention), Patient Education, Interpretation of Research, Administration, Consultation.

3) passed the Neurologic Certified Specialist Examination.

4) obtained certification Neurologic Physical Therapy by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS).

Search for one in your area here: