I now think of myself as a bitter/sweet/bitter story, because I have been in a remission for five years now, that’s sweet, but I was severely struck by CIDP and I’m left with damage that time has shown will never heal, that’s bitter.
1. my last fall was eight years ago and I feel confident now that if I fall again it will not be syndrome related.
2. my energy and fatigue will never be normal, but they are better then they were during the first two years.
3. I no longer need to take naps during the day.
4. I don’t improve much anymore, but I maintain the strength and abilities I have.
5. I still get hand tremors and my handwriting is bad, but my hands are stronger.