2nd EMG results
I had my 2nd EMG this morning 🙁 . Quite an unpleasant experience, but tolerable. Several “blockages”.
My original numbers were in the 40’s (some in the 50’s). I asked the neurologist running the test this morning how my new test numbers compaired with the 1st EMG. He said for the most part the numbers were similar; some of the numbers were worse.
The bottom line is that the CIDP Dx was confirmed. My B12 deficiency diagnosis, although correct, is not root cause of the demyelination. Seems whatever is attacking my myelin probably attacked my intrinsic factor producers as well. I knew by listening to my body that the B12 Dx didn’t make complete sense.
I wish I had continued to press harder for root cause of my demyelination.
Lessons learned for anyone following the Neuropathy Diagnosis Journey – 1) listen to your body and your feelings; 2) keep pressing for answers.
But that’s all water under the bridge now…time to move on…
I’m now pressing to begin treatment ASAP. My new BCM Neurologist (“much more experienced in CIDP” according to EMG Lab head) is advising that I hold off on treatment until after my lumbar puncture next Wednesday because treatments may affect the test results.
I think this latest wave of “CIDP attack” on my body is waning. I’m feeling not quite as poorly today as yesterday. So I guess if I hold or continue to feel stronger, I’m thinking waiting about a week to begin treatment is ok.
I did tell the neurologist though that I wanted to discuss treatments before Wednesday so we can choose my course of action and be ready to go next Wednesday afternoon.
Apologies for the length of this, but I think sharing our Journey could really make a difference for someone following.
God bless you all for this site and for posting, reading and replying.
Hoping and praying for a cure …
Would love to hear from y’all out there on treatment wisdom/experiences and effectiveness.
PS…Trey is workin on the photo. I thought I am a computer geek, but it seems I [U][B]was [/B][/U]a computer geek… 😀