Reply To: Covid 19 Vaccine

October 5, 2021 at 8:29 pm

Hi ALL,

Just wanted to share my experience with the vaccine. Little bit of my history first, had GBS (AMAN) back in 2013 when I was 32. Quite severe case brought on by food poisoning while travelling in Thailand.   Recovery was about 95%+ and today I don’t have many residuals except for occasional nerve pain in right bicep (I take Lyrica when needed).

I live in Australia were the vaccine roll out had has been quite slow up until mid year. I received my first dose of Pfizer on August 20th. Besides tiredness and a sore arm I didn’t have much of a reaction.

Received my 2nd dose on September 10th. I definitely had a bigger reaction to this with sore aching hands and muscles, fasciculations (which I’ve had on and off for years), nerve pain, flu like symptoms and overall feeling lousy. I was never once concerned that GBS could reoccur but knowing my body I was expecting some sort of reaction. This all subsided after about a week.

It is worth pointing out that the times I have been sick since having GBS, I have had some minor flare up’s with nerve pain etc. My neurologist just says after GBS your body is  hypersensitive so I’m assuming the vaccine can trigger such episodes much like a cold or flu does to me.