Reply To: Will I ever be better?

June 12, 2020 at 6:22 am

Hi robing

Also here to spread hope.
I got diagnosed with GBS in 2001 to the extend, that I was completely paralysed and I got back on track 100%. I took me 5y of intensive physical rehab but it was worth it.

At the end of 2019, I got diagnosed with CIDP, which put me back to the wheelchair again.
Today, straight 7mt later, I am at 80% of my physical abilities.
I am getting IVIG (PRIVIGEN) 80g every 2 weeks to ease the sympthoms and inflamation.

I heard a lot of stories from different people in different ages diagnosed with CIDP and I really think, that even when IVIG is IVIG, the effect really depends on the brand.
Here in Switzerland, the low cost version is called “KIOVIG” which causes A LOT of side effects and doesn’t help that much.
From what I have experienced myself and heard from others so far, PRIVIGEN is in regard to side effects and efficiency very good. Of course your doctor wouldn’t agree to it, since it is basically all the same stuff but I was able to persuade a couple of people to try switching from KIOVIG and get PRIVIGEN and they went from “why am I doing this” to “please more of this”.