Reply To: IVIG Shortage

September 20, 2019 at 6:17 pm

Hi Dana,

I haven’t responded much, if at all to the Prednisone. It’s been 4 weeks, maybe to soon to tell. Since were not getting a response from the Prednisone, my neurologist decided to give IVIG another try. We struck out at my local infusion centers. Someone suggested contacting a specialty pharmacy for in home infusion. After considerable leg work(pun intended cause my legs, well don’t work) the IVIG arrived today and will be administered in my home next week. Nufactor, Ameripharma and Acredo are specialty pharmacies you might contact to see if it’s an option for you.

I haven’t had any horrible issues with the Prednisone, aside from sweating like crazy and that hyper active feeling. Before I started the Prednisone, I met with a dietician who recommended an anti-inflammatory diet. I’ve followed it religiously since then. Lots of cruciferous veggies, high omega-3 foods, etc, no processed foods, red meat, dairy, etc. Thus far I’ve managed to maintain my weight, and actually lose a few pounds, despite high dose of prednisone. You might consider discussing this with a dietician to see if it might be a good option for you as well.

Wishing you lots of luck! Hope you recovery a swift and successful!

Micah Rodler