Reply To: Say Hi To the New Guy

September 20, 2019 at 4:57 pm

I started 80 mg in April, went to 70 then 60 and like you didn’t feel like I was at a high enough dosage to “kick it”. I went to 100 mg for the entire month of June and felt fantastic. Dexterity / Endurance is the hardest part to get back, will take a lot of time. Your nerves can heal if not fully damaged and takes a minimum of 3 to 6 months. Late May I started taking Cellcept to replace the Prednisone.

I started tapering July 1st from 100 mg and am now down to 15 mg and plan to be at zero soon. Every time I taper it seems like the first couple days is a transition as my body adjusts so I’m not 100% but still functioning well during those days. I’ve gained about 10-15 lbs, all in stomach and face. I feel really good but I realize it will take many months to work my endurance back. The side effects of prednisone obviously aren’t desired but for me, it was a necessary evil to get to point I am at now because before jumping on the Prednisone I was in a fast downward spiral and it wasn’t pretty. I’m fortunate that this seems to have worked for me up until this point. Everyone’s experience will be different, this was mine.