Reply To: Husband diagnosed with atypical GBS

December 4, 2018 at 12:05 pm

Thank you for the replies. I asked his doctor today if doing more plasmapheresis would be beneficial and he said he did not think so because my husband received it already. The doctor kept looking at his watch like he was in a hurry and wanted to be anywhere but here in my husband’s room. I told him I have read numerous accounts where people are years out of recovery and still have the plasma treatments and he said he would look into it. I dont think he will. At this point I think they just want to get him out of here and into a nursing home. I’m worried a nursing home is not the right place for him therapy wise. I think he needs an inpatient rehabilitation center but they wont listen to me. It’s getting very frustrating. My husband was over medicated this past week. He slept for almost 48 hours and we could not wake him up even to eat. He is now on pain meds as needed and he is doing better now than he has been. He is more clear headed as well. He sleeps now but it’s more if a nap than a deep sleep. He does not have a neurologist either. Should he have one? He had one at the other hospitals but never here in LTAC.