Reply To: Back on the Prednisone-Anyone have this happen?

May 11, 2018 at 11:34 pm

Hi Bryan,
I joined the forum some time ago, but have not posted anything until now. I have read many of your posts. Our situations are very similar. I am a 55 year old female, and was first diagnosed with GBS two weeks after having the flu. GBS soon became CIDP. This all started in Jan 2016. I currently get IVIG every four weeks and I am stable. Now….Prednisone! Yikes. I most certainly have a love hate relationship with it. I am currently on 35 mg every other day. However, my neurologist had me on 80 mg daily for a couple of months. My taper then went to 80 one day 60 the next and so on. I had to show no signs of weakness before the taper began. I was also getting IVIG every three weeks when I was on those high doses of prednisone. It is a very slow process. What a bummer that you have had a set back once you got off the prednisone, but I am glad that you are responding well to the low dose. I am hoping to get to taper down when I see my neuro in June. I hope your adrenal glands start doing what they are supposed to do. I will continue to watch for your posts.
Kathy