Reply To: Another vaccine victim added to the long list

March 23, 2018 at 10:12 am

In 2014, approximately 2 weeks after getting the flu shot in Late October, I woke up with tingling and numbness in both legs up to the knee. It kept getting worse over the next few days. I was diagnosed very quickly with CIDP and started IVIG with in a month. It did not seem to have any effect, then I gradually started to see less tingling and numbness. It is now restricted to my feet with accompanying fatigue, and occasional other oddities. I applied for compensation through the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program and was able to get a settlement but it took two years and supplying all of my medical reports. There are several law firms that deal only with vaccine related injuries and they do not charge fees. Whether or not the vaccine caused the CIDP is still unknown and I have been told that research has not shown getting flu shots can reinjure you but I still do not get them and avoid hospitals and anybody who appears sick. I have also stopped eating inflammatory foods and started eating anti-inflammatory foods and exercising regularly and I remain stable. So far a positive outcome to a scarry circumstance