Reply To: Effects of GBS over 2 years later

March 3, 2018 at 3:41 am

I had GBS in 2008. I wish I could remember dates and details but I am having issues with my memory. I am 48 years old and since my bout with GBS I have to admit my health is declining somewhat. GBS left me with nerve damage from head to foot and no reflexes. I have severe migraines now. I have stomach issues now. I have oversensitivity in my hands and feet to different materials that make me nauseated when I touch them. My depression was so bad after GBS I started vomiting uncontrollably. I still have a lot of pain I guess from the nerve damage. I am tired constantly. I cannot sleep more then a few hours at a time and that’s with narcotics. I have no interest in engaging in life anymore. I try but I am too tired to try. I sound so pathetic, I apologize. Noone understands what I am feeling or going through. I know family and friends think I am lazy and sickly. I don’t understand why so many with GBS recover fully and then ones like us don’t. Why is there not more being done for us. The groups of people who don’t fully recover from GBS/CIPD and continue to suffer need help too and the numbers continue to grow. Support groups are awesome but medical advice and help is needed. I have a great Neurologist but I know he does not understand what i am going through. He is trying, he helps to treat each new condition that seems to come up and treat my ongoing conditions. I am relieved to finally know I am not alone in my condition. For so long I thought I was the only one with these problems. Though don’t get me wrong I am so sorry any of you are suffering these issues. Thank you for sharing and letting people like me know we are not alone.