Reply To: Anyone with Sensory Predominant CIDP?

February 9, 2018 at 6:27 pm

When I first started noticing the numbness, I went to a podiatrist. She did a NCS and determined that I had a pinched nerve in my lower back and that losing weight coupled with chiropractics and acupuncture should keep it from getting worse. It did not. Every chiropractor I went to (we’ve had several moves since) assured me that they could fix it. They could not. Every general doctor I went to said there was nothing they could do, and because I wasn’t B12 deficient or diabetic, it must be idiopathic. Finally, when my fingers started going numb my current GP sent me to a neurologist. She checked Sensory and motor function, gait, balance, reflexes and I had 23 blood tests done and another NCS. She was convinced I was b12 deficient because I didn’t fit in with the typical CIDP because of the lack of muscle issues. I was not b12 deficient. So she sent me to a more specialized neurologist. 13 more blood tests, another NCS and an electromyography and he decided I probably have a really rare form of CIDP called Sensory Predominant. But unlike most people with SP I don’t have the herpes virus… So who really knows. I just hope that the IVIG works and that at the very least, the feeling in my hands will return. I have not had a never biopsy yet.