Reply To: Anti-MAG treatment update

December 13, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Hi Micky,
I also have anti-MAG neuropathy (diagnosed about 2 years ago-much the same as yours). I have been on this forum for about a year. I started my treatment journey with steroids that did nothing. Also 6 months of IVIG infusions monthly. That didn’t do anything either and I felt my disease progress throughout these treatments. I had Rituximab last February and again this August. There has been a definite modest improvement-not earth shattering as I still need a cane and wear braces for foot drop-however I do feel more stable, my endurance is better and I am grateful that it has stopped the progression for the time being. I intend to have another round in Feb. of this year and I guess I’ll keep going at this pace of treatments as long as it keeps me stable and hope for a bit more improvement. There is so little information about treatment for anti-MAG but I do feel that the Rituximab is a reasonable route to go. I tolerated it extremely well-no side effects whatsoever so that is good. Take care and keep us posted on your situation.
Heidi (from Massachusetts, USA)