Reply To: CIDP big relapse vs mini relapse?

November 7, 2017 at 8:44 am

Hello FELLOCIDPGUY, this is Chirpybirdy. I am still doing well at 5 weeks. This summer my neurologist suggested I try to push my IVIG infusions out to every 6 weeks and see how my body reacted. He seemed to think I might be in remission or that my CIDP has burnt itself out. So I tried. Unhappy to report that as soon as I passed the 5 week mark, the next day I started to experience symptoms and they grew worse as the week progressed. I started with some tingling and numbness, then the lead boot feeling like my legs were heavy, then the creepy-crawly sensations in my legs at night (kept me awake all night) and my hands started to drop thing and have the wax glove feeling. So I was very disappointed that i am not in remission as my neurologist had hoped. I am back on the every 5 weeks and doing good again. I do also know that stress does play a big part in my disease. When i get stressed out over something I start to feel the disease more. So you are probably very stressed after the hurricane so that might be causing some of your relapse. Good luck and so sorry to hear about the hurricane. Take care.