Reply To: Has anyone heard of MIRE?

October 31, 2017 at 4:04 pm

I was looking over various posts for information on the use of anodyne therapy for CIDP when I ran across some possible information on its use for CIDP.

I have been diagnosed with CIDP since 2002 by the VA after a year and a half worth of tests. They have been very helpful and willing to do anything that might help and believe me we’ve tried almost everything with the exception of prednisone plasmapheresis and I was using IV IG but could not tolerate it so it was discontinued. A week ago October 24, 2017 I was at the podiatry department of the VA in Battle Creek Michigan and after discussions they felt that I was a candidate to try anodyne therapy which they administer at that facility and it had for various types of neuropathy they said approximately 70% success. They have never done a patient with CIDP so this will be a first I just wanted to get any feedback that somebody might have in other parts of the country. I know that this original post was done in 2006 so a lot might have happened. I’ll keep you informed as it progresses I will be doing two sessions a week for three weeks off two weeks and possibly additional treatments or they will supply me with the machine. Looking forward to any comments, Al Remington East Lansing Michigan.