Reply To: Unable to tolerate IVIG?

August 1, 2017 at 8:42 pm

I was very skeptical about continuing after the rash I got. I decided to stay the course, and continue. I can now, 6 months later, I am glad I did. My symptoms have slowly started to improve. Unfortunately not in the order that I would have chosen, but I am finally starting too get some positive results. I am walking much more steadily. My grip strength has easily doubled. I can finally open a jar, (if it is the right size), I rely on my cane less and less. My strength is slowly improving. I have had this a year before I was correctly diagnosed and treated. The one common thread about this disease is it has many symptoms. It is easily misdiagnosed. Keep up the forward motion.

When I started this I thought I would get the typical loading dose and maybe another or two, and that would be it. That was not the case. I am on #10. The rash, reaction, what ever it was stopped my treatment for 2 months. I resumed with another brand and it is completely different as far as the side effects.
I get the same after effects as with the previous one. But I am now seeing positive results.
I do not know about you, but I had this disease quite a while before I was diagnosed, I think this has slowed my recover. I wish you the best.

stuborn.