Reply To: Cymbalta for nerve pain/side effects
Over the years the doctors had me try: Cymbalta, Effexor, Celexa and Lexapro.
Not counting Neurontin and Lyrica and others I’ve forgotten. They are in a different class of drugs. It’s a personal thing with me. When a drug knocks my brain for a loop, I’m not going to take it.
I agree with BryanF that any drug that knowingly goes up inside my brain and screws with it’s normal operation is not a reasonable path. Oh, by the way, there are serious withdrawal symptoms with Cymbalta. Sounds the same as illegal drugs doesn’t it?
Cymbalta comes with the FDA following warnings
1. Liver Disease Warning-
2. Misleading Portion of Ads
3. Urinary Retention Warning
4. Withdrawal Symptoms Complaints
5. Advisory Committee Review- Because of reports of serious side effects like liver damage and skin disease
6. Blood Pressure Warning
7. Serotonin Syndrome Warning
8. Includes a black box warning
read about it here: https://www.drugwatch.com/cymbalta/