Reply To: Anyone have any upper/lower respiratory problems?

April 27, 2017 at 12:23 pm

LMayberry and BryanF, I feel your frustration!! My sinuses are getting worse as is my breathing problem along with a constant, productive cough, which is causing a lot of fatigue. I was given inhalers and they don’t seem to be helping either. I saw a pulmonologist last week and he spent a lot of time with me. However, he said he didn’t have any data on the CIDP causing the upper/lower respiratory problems. Now, I’m scheduled for a bronchoscopy, heart echogram and another sinus surgery. At least he did a bunch of blood tests and they were normal except for one. It showed a Alpha 1 tryptisin level to be increased, for which I’m a carrier, which I didn’t know and have had all my life. Now, my question to him is — is this caused by CIDP; making it worse; increased because of IVIG or what? His nurse called me with these results, so I couldn’t get any definitive answers. By the way, I’m 67 years old. Therefore, I’m wondering if someone at MAYO clinic in Rochester would know about this??
I’m fortunate that I still can walk, but fatigue very easily. Thank you for reading my post and as I said, I feel your frustration!!! Hopefully I can get some answers soon. This is very depressing to me.