Reply To: Jobs??

April 18, 2017 at 11:30 pm

Your skills show through in your writing! Many companies are seeking workers who can think on their own and communicate well through the written word. In today’s job market, there are many work-at-home jobs or a mix of full time/part time work-at-home jobs. You could compose articles; provide customer service support, do website development, do programming, and many, many other jobs. You could even start your own business!

What kind of things do you like to do? What are your hobbies? What subjects do you excel in?

I suggest that you look into getting a Myers-Briggs assessment. This is not a test; there are no right or wrong answers. The assessment measures tendencies and personality profiles. There are sixteen different personality types and each of us tends to have 3-4 dominant ones. There is a well documented set of jobs to look into for each combination of personality types.

Many universities offer a Myers-Briggs evaluation through their Psychology Department. If you take the short versions that are available on-line, you will do yourself an injustice. The professional versions have eighty or more questions to help assure results that are more accurate.

CIDP can limit some job choices. I had my own business doing management consulting. That job required a great deal of travel in and out of the country. CIDP has left me wheelchair bound, so I can’t do the travel anymore and had to give up my business. I am now CEO of a non-profit and also do website design and support. You are probably even more flexible and adaptable than I am. You just need to find some career choices that are achievable for you. The Myers-Briggs can help you choose.

Best wishes for your future success!