Reply To: Cold weather and muscle weakness

December 30, 2016 at 10:58 am

Just diagnosed (12/2016)

Is there anybody getting IVIG, with an Aetna. I have the “top of the line” coverage HSA.
I feel, Aetna is wasting my valuable time.

I have just been denied IVIG, Depressed about Suffering through yet another Pennsylvania Winter. My hands and feet ache when cold. I am in the currently in the appeals phase with Aetna. My doctor and myself are both disputing the treatment rejection.

I have gone misdiagnosed for over 5 years so, I am in pretty bad shape. My hands nerves are just in the beginning stages of demyelination. Both my feet are a lost cause, have the feeling of duct tape on my shins, and good deal of mussel weakness in both legs.

My fear is largely that the same thing is happening to my hands. I have buzzing and numbness in my thumb and fingers. It is mild in comparison to my pretty much useless feet and legs.

Is there anybody getting IVIG, with an Aetna. I have the “top of the line” coverage HSA.
I feel, Aetna is wasting my valuable time.

The cold is making my situation unbearable. 1200mg Gabapentin 3x and 75mg of Nucynta. I have been out of work since July 2015.

Any help with getting Aetna to play nice would be greatly appreciated. I am seeing a new Neurologist. His Name is DR David Tabby DO, of Optimum Neurology. Dr Tabby is convinced I have CIPD, It is the my insurance carrier, holding things up at this point.

P.S.,
Any help would be deeply appreciated.