Reply To: Miller Fisher – Double Vision worsening!

December 18, 2016 at 12:46 pm

I have experienced this same type of fatigue, weakness, numbness following me overdoing it. After 2 & 1/2 years, this has gotten much better but I can still tell it. Then after a couple days, I’m back to my “normal” self again too. Whenever I don’t get enough sleep, I can feel the symptoms in my eyes. Whenever I don’t eat soon enough and get a hunger headache or have a sinus infection, that nerve in my eye will hurt on and off for a couple of days and I can tell it just isn’t turning right. In a couple days, it’s better. It used to be so much worse and I needed physical therapy to help because my balance would be affected. I still watch it though. And Angeliflow I am finally getting diagnosed with the Miller Fisher variant with my current neurologist and this happened to me back in June 2014. Initially, I had trouble seeing the t.v. and computer screen and it was hard to do much of anything. I walked outside when I finally could but just looking around was weird and overwhelming and my legs didn’t want to work. I got back on my feet by doing a little each day along with PT. I am in NC too and this is my 4th but best Neurologist. Wish I had found him then! I felt like I was in a terrible area for experienced GBS doctors. It’s just so rare. I hope you can find good medical care and PT and are on your way to recovery!