Reply To: Does anyone deal with Cronic muscle pain, fatiuge and Limited activies?

February 12, 2015 at 11:19 pm

Actually…I hadn’t even considered psychotherapy. I did refuse to take anti-depressants in the hospital. All part of my ‘I hate taking pills!’ mentality.

I recently passed my three year anniversary. Dreaded its approach because of being told that I’d never get any better after that. But now that it’s past, I still find myself unable to believe that I will be stuck like this for the rest of my life. Is that a driving/motivating factor to continue my slow progress forward, or merely denial? I figure there’s only one way to find out.

Truly, I don’t feel depressed, although I do get tired and frustrated with the seemingly endless plateaus. Did you feel that way prior to depression setting in? Can a person be depressed without realizing it? That’s a serious question because I don’t know.

I understand what you’re saying about accepting our disability but I’ve thought about it after reading your post and if it turns out that I do not improve any more than I have, I can live with it. I’m one of the lucky ones who got a lot of the way back, even if it isn’t 100%.

Still just wish I had normal feeling and function back in the right side of my face, though.