Reply To: Insurance Question

Anonymous
February 26, 2014 at 3:14 am

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the feedback. I’m still waiting to hear back regarding my insurance appeal and DSS has sent a letter today requesting additional info, copies of my paystubs from January in addition to a copy of my wife’s picture id and immigration verification (she’s Australian, but a resident legal alien. Been here since 2000).

I’m really starting to get nervous regarding the Medicaid approval. Even though the Nursing Home said they didn’t think it would be a problem to get her approved, I do make a decent wage, about $78k year. But, we are a single income family with a young child, a $200+k mortgage and really no other assets other than a couple older vehicles. I do have a 401k through my employer, but since I can’t touch that money, I don’t believe that is considered income. And we have maybe 3k-5k in the bank at any given time. So, I dunno.

My wife does have a social worker at the nursing home, but now I’m wondering if I should maybe consult with a private case manager/social worker as you mentioned. I had a quick look on Craigslist, but could not find anything in our area other than employers looking for case managers. We’re in Richmond, Virginia. I’ll keep plugging away though. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. 🙂

Thanks,
David