Reply To: muscle cramping

Anonymous
January 7, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Hey Carliam,

So sorry to hear about GBS. It’s a tough one, but you can get it through it. You are at the toughest point in you recovery (in my opinion). This is the time that you start getting back to your normal day life, but still deal with all of the little nuisances that gbs causes. I think getting light headed is fairly normal. I went through the same thing when I was just a few months out. I wish I could say that this stopped, but every so often, it will still occur. Doctors said that it was probably due to the orthostatic hypotension. Basically every time you stand up, it’s taking a little longer than normal for the blood to reach your brain. Which is to be expected when your muscles aren’t working as fast as they once did. This is probably where the headaches are coming from too. This will get better. As your muscles get stronger, and you start moving more and more, these episodes will start occur less frequently. Until then, hang in there, keep your head up, and keep working hard. It DOES get easier. Best of luck to you!!

Jamie