Reply To: A few questions? New and scared

December 24, 2013 at 2:30 am

Hi glsm I have had this wonderful thing call cidp or as I refer to it my “ball and chain” for about a year. It took 6 months for my case to degrade enough for treatment of PE there after my time between treatments was 6 weeks rather costly for only a few weeks respite. I have been on Prednisone 60 mg for 2 months now with 2 more to go before I get weaned off it, hoping for a remission type of thing but for now I am able to function around the house at least, work is out of the question for me too much physical labor gives me waves of tingling down my body as a warning sign. Of course everybody experiences CIDP differently I am lucky mine is mild I do agree a second opinion should be investigated my first neurologist was too inexperienced with CIDP he referred to University of Michigan Neurological Dept. and me new doc was more open about various treatments. I feel one or another treatment will be my magic pill just gotta go thru the normal progression. I wish you luck try not to get bummed out, the people on this site have helped me compare my symptoms to others and that helps knowing others have been thru this experience too.