Reply To: Leg muscles spasms

Anonymous
December 17, 2013 at 12:59 pm

I have CIDP and get spasms/cramps all over the place, most frequently in the calves where, due to foot drop, I have no ability to counter them by moving my foot upward. I have to reach down with my hands and pull my foot up, to stop the cramps.

But I also have been getting cramps more and more frequently, and immediately following treatment with Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) and IVIG, in the middle of my back, in my hands, in my neck, and in my throat. It can be very frustrating when, after struggling to fall asleep and finally beginning to doze, a leg cramps shoots you upright in bed.

It can be difficult for our loved ones to see these things, especially when my neck or throat cramp causing me all kinds of gyrations to overcome. At work, I’ve had to stop a meeting I was conducting to allow my neck cramps to go away. But, it is what it is. I’ve searched for answers, but they all seem to be a crap shoot. If you find something that works for you, go for it. Meanwhile, I and the people around me are going to have to get used to the new me. I’ve lost weight, I wear leg braces, I use a cane and a wheelchair, and I sometimes get weird cramps. As long as the cramps don’t permanently disfigure me (knock wood) they’re easy to cope with.

Keep us updated. We’re all here to share and find answers together. It’s good to know we’re not alone.